Nov 8, 2016

Mentor Thoughts: Go Hasegawa

"I think that trying to understand things you don't know about requires a great deal of energy. And once you come to understand something, it leads to something else. The effort to try and understand something is an extremely noble pursuit. And once you make this sort of effort, trying to understand something might even be more important than the things you actually understand (the content). On the other hand, although I want to understand things, I'm afraid of what I might find out; and I want to create things, but I'm afraid of actually creating them. This might be because after I understand something, I create something, and then I have the feeling that I won't be able to get away from it - ie., if I focus so singlemindedly on the things I understand and create, I might not be able to see anything else."

Hasegawa, Gō. 2011. Hasegawa Gō: kangaeru koto, kenchiku suru koto, ikiru koto. P. 12 Tōkyō: INAX Shuppan.

Sound track: And You And I, Yes - Close to the edge, Deluxe Version

1 comment :

  1. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge. หาแม่บ้าน

    ReplyDelete