Nov 16, 2016

Connection-Disconnection

When you are in public or private, with friends or alone, happy or sad, do you busy yourself with your cellphone? It seems that no matter what the emotion, it is difficult to distance ourselves from the cellphone. 

Are we uncomfortable with the disconnection? Why must we constantly be bombarded with information on our phones, whether it be a news feed, social media notifications, or more? Modern society is instantly connected through the cellphone and internet. Do we listen to ourselves enough in the Iphone Era? 

Must we always be connected? Can architecture influence this?


“As I enter a great architectural space, I hear only my own heartbeat. The innate silence of the experience results from the fact that it turns our attention to our own existence-I find myself listening to my own being.”-Juhani Pallasmaa, 2012.

No comments :

Post a Comment